Help using the space calculator
Use the calculator to estimate the amount of storage space you require and the approximate cost of that space.
The Storage Space Calculator
No matter whether you require secure storage space for domestic property or business files and records storage, the space calculator will quickly help you work out exactly what you need to store, how much storage space you require to store it in and give you an approximate cost for the total storage space required.
It's quick and easy to use the storage space calculator but here are a few tips to make sure you don't forget anything:
Domestic storage users
Calculating required storage space for domestic storage users (Individuals who are moving home or require storage for furniture, garage items, and other domestic property:
- Make a list of items you wish to store for each individual room in your house. This will also help you to plan your storage packing if you are moving home.
- Make sure that you include all items in the room on your list. Not just the large items such as tables, sofas, warddrobes, beds and chairs but try and work out how many boxes you will need to store containing smaller items such as linen, clothing, home office items, ornaments, books, lamps, toys, records, files, collections, gardening equipment and kitchen equipment etc
- Once you have made an inventory of each room in your house and of all the items you need storage space for in those rooms go to our storage space calculator page.
- First select the Capital Self Storage depot that you wish to use for your domestic storage. We have depots in Blackpool, Preston, Derby and Stoke-On-Trent. Choose the one that's nearest to your home or the new home you are moving to.
- Using your list of household items complete each page on the storage space calculator. There are separate pages for you to enter items to store for your living room, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, garden and exterior buildings such as garages and sheds, and a page for miscellaneous items such as home office storage, playrooms and utility rooms and any additional boxed items you need to store.
- Once you have entered all the items your want to store from all the rooms in your home proceed to the 'Finish' page which will give you the total volume of storage space you require in both cubic feet and the storage unit size you require in square feet. Based on the units size you will be given an approximate total cost per week for your storage unit.
- If you are happy with the price we quote for your storage space you can call us to check if there's a unit available in your preferred location.
That's it. The simple way to book the correct amount of storage space for your domestic storage needs. If you have any problems using the space calculator or perhaps you have unusual items that we haven't included in the storage inventory then please do not hesitate to contact us using the call back feature.